Sr. Software Engineer
Who we are...
Over the past 50 years, Sensors built its reputation worldwide in the design and manufacture of high-quality vehicle emission analyzers. Today we are a leading manufacturer of both Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) analyzers and laboratory grade, portable emissions measurement systems (PEMS) that are used worldwide in a variety of applications from research to regulatory compliance testing. Governmental agencies using our products include US EPA, CARB, JRC in Europe, NTSEL in Japan, EPD in Hong Kong, and NIER in India. Using proprietary analytical techniques, Sensors products accurately measure CO, CO2, NO, NO2, THC, NMHC, Particulate Mass, and Particulate Number under harsh, real world conditions that often exclude other alternatives.
Based in Saline, Michigan, Sensors is an established instrumentation and systems manufacturer specializing in vehicle emissions analysis, serving customers all over the globe. Our complex instruments and systems will use all of your engineering and science knowledge!
What you'll do...
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be involved in a complete embedded software development lifecycle. Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality software solutions that contribute to our new product development and sustainment.
- Engaging with our engineering department to design and integrate new instrumentation into our modular platform.
- Envisioning and reaching the full potential of our data processing suite.
- Communicating with our manufacturing department to automate calibration and test stands.
- Solving field or performance issues.
- Providing high-level technical support to our global team of service technicians.
Skills/Qualifications you have...
- BSEE or CS.
- 5+ years of experience in C and C++ programming and knowledge of Linux and embedded systems, IPC, and multithreading.
- 3+ years of experience developing embedded Linux applications.
- Experience and understanding of microprocessors, microcontrollers, and hardware architecture.
- Experience and understanding of software design pattern and object-oriented analysis.
- Understanding of networking and communication protocols, such as TCP/IP, CAN, RS232.
- Strong ability to grasp new technologies and acquire new skills quickly through independent study, professional training and interaction with other team members.
- Understanding of advanced mathematics and ability to apply such to our instruments; general interest in applied science for the same purpose.
Special consideration will be given to those with experience with:
- Embedded toolchains, cross-compilation, build tools, on-target debugging.
- Hardware and device drivers for SDIO, I2C, USB, GPIO, CAN, bootloader and file systems.
- Client/server applications.
- Unit testing, feature testing, and integration testing.
- Data sampling, data processing with basic and advanced math.
- Analysis of performance issues and implementing efficiency improvements.
- Instrumentation design, system integration.
- Linux scripts, Java scripts, C#, LabVIEW or DIAdem.
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.