Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Who we are...
Over the past 50 years, Sensors built its reputation worldwide in the design and manufacture of high-quality vehicle emission analyzers. Today we are a leading manufacturer of both Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) analyzers and laboratory grade, portable emissions measurement systems (PEMS) that are used worldwide in a variety of applications from research to regulatory compliance testing. Governmental agencies using our products include US EPA, CARB, JRC in Europe, NTSEL in Japan, EPD in Hong Kong, and NIER in India. Using proprietary analytical techniques, Sensors products accurately measure CO, CO2, NO, NO2, THC, NMHC, Particulate Mass, and Particulate Number under harsh, real world conditions that often exclude other alternatives.
Based in Saline, Michigan, Sensors is an established instrumentation and systems manufacturer specializing in vehicle emissions analysis, serving customers all over the globe. Our complex instruments and systems will use all of your engineering and science knowledge!
What you'll do...
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for planning and conducting product development projects for gas analyzer systems; for example, those used in vehicle exhaust emission measurements on and off vehicle. Including:
- Design and develop analyzers, benches, and sampling systems for monitoring gaseous and particulate pollutants
- Perform detailed mechanical design and engineering analysis using Solidworks
- Specify components. Work closely with suppliers for purchased and fabricated parts to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Identify and initiate activities for thorough validation of design
- Analyze, test, and modify designs to improve performance
- Perform root cause and DFMEA analyses
- Optimize designs for high volume production efficiency
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and sales group
- Write internal reports as to status and technical merit of design/development
- Train and supervise engineers, technicians, operators and assemblers
Skills/Qualifications you have...
- BSME from an accredited university. MS preferred
- 10+ years’ experience as a mechanical design engineer, preferably with instrumentation
- 4+ years’ experience managing engineering projects and junior engineers
- Proficient with CAD and engineering analysis tools, preferably Solidworks
- Proficient with project management tools and procedures
- Understanding and experience with stress analysis, fluid mechanics, vibration and heat transfer
- Experience with high precision tolerancing required. Experience with optics a plus
- Experience with electronics integration into mechanical systems
- Prior instrumentation experience a plus
- Prior internal combustion engine exhaust emissions measurement experience a plus
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.