Quality Lead / Engineer
Who we are...
Over the past 50 years, Sensors built its reputation worldwide in the design and manufacture of high-quality vehicle emission analyzers. Today we are a leading manufacturer of both Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) analyzers and laboratory grade, portable emissions measurement systems (PEMS) that are used worldwide in a variety of applications from research to regulatory compliance testing. Governmental agencies using our products include US EPA, CARB, JRC in Europe, NTSEL in Japan, EPD in Hong Kong, and NIER in India. Using proprietary analytical techniques, Sensors products accurately measure CO, CO2, NO, NO2, THC, NMHC, Particulate Mass, and Particulate Number under harsh, real world conditions that often exclude other alternatives.
Based in Saline, Michigan, Sensors is an established instrumentation and systems manufacturer specializing in vehicle emissions analysis, serving customers all over the globe.
What you'll do...
The Quality Engineer ensures that Sensors’ products are built and shipped to our customers as designed and intended and that all quality related systems of the plant are designed and documented to provide a safe and effective product. In addition to daily inspection and coordination duties, the QE will implement quality assurance, International Standard Organization (ISO) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), 5S, or other effective internal continuous improvement programs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Release product or materials in three stages: Receiving, In-Process and Final Inspection.
- Communicate key issues upward to management and across the organization. Manage and monitor QA effectiveness, providing information and metrics to management. Provide corrective action and root cause analysis.
- Approve the disposition of all non-conforming products and changes to documentation.
- Develop, implement, review and re-evaluate product reliability and maintainable systems. Apply knowledge and experience to identify and implement quality assurance standards and processes, including process improvement, test strategies, plans, and cases.
- Direct and review internal or external quality audits and follow up on any action plans.
- Acts as a Liaison to regulatory agencies and ensures systems and products comply with applicable government regulations.
- Ensure systems and products comply with applicable government regulations. When required, act as a liaison for government or regulatory agencies.
- Ensure suppliers meet specifications thru a vendor qualification and certification program, in cooperation with Materials management.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the product life cycle, including the identification and resolution of software defects.
- Direct or handle any customer complaint investigations and documentation as requested by management. Ensure customers’ needs are met and maintain/improve relationships to achieve Sensors’ goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Qualifications you have...
- BS/MS in Engineering or Business or equivalent experience; formal Quality Assurance Engineering education or training.
- Five + years’ experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Management roles; especially valued is instrumentation or automotive manufacturing QA experience.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and detail-oriented skills while working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to anticipate and avoid roadblocks inherent in any manufacturing environment.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and to establish and maintain effective relationships with these customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate and facilitate technical, business and analytical discussions across all disciplines both verbally and in writing.
- ISO implementation experience and/or Six Sigma Black Belt, ASQ, CQE, 5S, GMP, and CQM certifications are assets.
- Experience defining test strategies, test plans, comprehensive test cases and scripts, including automated testing, that can improve the quality of Sensors’ products.
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.