Electro-Mechanical Project Manager
Who we are...
Over the past 49 years, Sensors built its reputation worldwide in the design and manufacture of high-quality vehicle emission analyzers. Today we are a leading manufacturer of both laboratory grade, portable emissions measurement systems (PEMS) and Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) analyzers that are used worldwide in a variety of applications from research to regulatory compliance testing. Governmental agencies using our products include US EPA, CARB, JRC in Europe, NTSEL in Japan, EPD in Hong Kong, and NIER in India. Using proprietary analytical techniques, Sensors products accurately measure CO, CO2, NO, NO2, THC, NMHC, Particulate Mass, and Particulate Number under harsh, real world conditions that often exclude other alternatives.
Based in Saline, Michigan, Sensors is an established instrumentation and systems manufacturer specializing in vehicle emissions analysis, serving customers all over the globe. Our complex instruments and systems will use all of your engineering and science knowledge!
What you'll do...
- Product Design: Provide electro-mechanical aspects of design. Understand overall product requirements and help determine mechanical and electronics design strategy. Perform or lead mechanical design efforts, including solid modeling, stress and vibration analysis, and thermal management. Understand functions and schematics of PCBs, and Integrate into products. Wire harness design and connector selection.
- Reporting: Plan, monitor, and report status and progress of projects using project management tools weekly and participating in Engineering Status meetings and Design Review meetings. Communicate information to the organization, particularly engineering, sales, and management, to ensure products meet customer and market needs.
- Technical Support: Act as a technical expert and liaison to customers and Sensors’ Production department, resolving problems quickly. Provide customer support when needed.
- Product Documentation: Work with Documentation and Materials to ensure vendor selection and to identify optimal preforming and quality components are selected. Generate BOMs. Produce component and assembly drawings and procedures. Initiate or review and implement engineering change notices. Assist in production of user manuals and technical documentation of products.
- Verification of design operation and functionality: Design and conduct experimental tests to evaluate products against specifications.
- 10+ years of solid product design experience, preferably with instrumentation.
- Strong mechanical design background.
- Understanding and experience working with PCBs with microcontrollers and microprocessors. Experience working with embedded software.
- Project management skills. Experience with MS Project or similar tools.
- Strong analytical skills. Determine cause and effect based on experimental data; make recommendations and/or decisions using effective problem-solving and/or debugging skills.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities to achieve positive team outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and self-manage time and priorities.
- BS or MS, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering
Sensors offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and the opportunity to grow. Visit our website at www.sensors-inc.com for more information on our products and company.
Sensors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.